Skip to content

3 replies »

  1. No, the script is called ‘Fraktur’. It’s a type of Blackletter script.

    We were doing an exercise in Blackletter and I chose to interpret the name by ‘fracturing’ it with intersecting lines as you spotted.

    I used to be as obsessed with calligraphy as I am now with bookbinding. Fickle, see 🙂

  2. Ah, thanks for the explanation!

    Not fickle; you just have a thirst for knowledge! You’ve mastered one art, and have moved on to master another.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 15 other followers


  • 16,032 hits

Why not visit my other blog?

Click on the image to visit Much of a Muchness.

%d bloggers like this: